People make up all kinds of excuses not to have sex. And, contrary to popular belief, men make excuses about as often as do women. Being tired, having a headache, feeling stressed, or bored are common excuses, aren’t they?
Why not try something different? Why not look for excuses to have sex-reasons that it’s a good idea to hop into bed with a partner you love?
Just in case you’ve forgotten, here are the top ten reasons to have sex tonight:
1. Sex feels good. Yes, you’ve had a rotten week. What better reason to do something that feels great? Touch is relaxing, and orgasm is a welcome relief from muscle tension and mental strain.
2. Sex makes your partner feel good. You know what they say, charity begins at home! But don’t just have pity sex. You’re partner’s probably had a rotten week, too. Why not give your partner a gift that you can both enjoy?
3. You’ll feel more desire. If your sexual desire has fizzled out, try having sex. Sex is a rewarding activity and your brain may wake up and start to want more. The more you avoid sex, the less you may want it. Go for it tonight and see what happens.
4. Sex takes the years off. It’s true. Research shows that couples that are sexually active look ten years younger on average than their nonsexual peers.
5. Sex is good for your health. Sex can help pump up the heart rate, so while it is not exactly a cardiovascular workout, it does oxygenate the body. Bringing oxygen to your body’s cells helps them to function properly.
6. Sex is a pain reliever. Many women report that sex helps to relieve menstrual tension. Also, sex has been shown to relieve migraine and arthritis pain in some women. Natural endorphins and opioids, both natural pain relievers in the brain, can help what ails you.
7. Sex helps you feel connected. Most couples report that one of the reasons they have sex is to feel closer. If you want to maintain real intimacy in your relationship, have sex.
8. Sex is fun. Hey, what better form of entertainment is there than lying in bed with someone and touching them all over? Life is tough. Sex is one of life’s pleasures. Enjoy some tonight.
9. Sex helps you sleep. After orgasm, prolactin helps to relax and calm most people. So if you haven’t been sleeping well, try sex. Think how much better you’ll feel in the morning.
10. Sex makes you feel loved. Everyone has the need to be touched, kissed, and nurtured. Sure, a box of cookies might make you feel better. But why not get the real thing from another human being who cares about you?
Now that you know all the good reasons to have sex tonight, show this article to your partner as an invitation to a “benefits event.” You’ll both feel better in the morning!
Dr. Stephanie Buehler is Director of The Buehler Institute in Orange County, CA. As a licensed psychologist and AASECT certified sex therapist, she specializes in helping couples discover better intimacy, in and out of the bedroom. FREE REPORT! Top Ten Tips for Great Sex! Just sign up for Dr. Buehler’s E-zine at http://www.thebuehlerinstitute.com
Dr. Buehler is frequently quoted in the media, most recently in Esquire, Time Magazine, Redbook and Self. She is the editor of the Women’s Sexual Health Journal and considered an expert on the subject of sexual health for both men and women. To find out more or to reach Dr. Buehler, please visit the website.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Dr._Stephanie_Buehler/147408